Tuesday, April 1, 2008

already wise to the foolishnesses of april

listening: roboxulla, the jealous girlfriends
learning: first in the morning & last thing at night


"...this passage reminded me of me remembering you."

a smile in passing, a perhaps - you've seemed indifferent (all the same) since our promises of friendship glowed dim. you are oblivious from the other side of bibliographic barricades, whenever you walk by my stifled downtown windows. now you break silence, shatter it with pigeon-houses, submarine species, belles-lettres. and not regret, not pity, not a hundred thousand things. i gave you just enough for poetry; my offering was art.

this week, i will never stop studying. curling in the library corners, i read about italian renaissance philosophy and eat my breakfast (image one) with bresson's films (image two). the noses of may flowers wet, wet in the rain. origami text taking obtuse thought-shapes as i walk through the dusk & quiet. silk & tweed & ocean are gentle on my face.

1 comment:

fingerprints said...

beautiful pictures! your breakfast looks like it's clipped from a recipe book from the early seventies, either from spain or the southern states. perhappiness may just be my new favorite compound word (be prepared to call me a 'borrower'). i got your pretty little card yesterday but am saving opening it for my birthday, so i have more things to open then.

also, i have been trying to change the background of this thing but have no success: help, please!